VAMono is a virtual analog monophonic synthesizer inspired by iconic monophonic analog synthesizers of 80’s. The oscillators are capable of wide variety of modulation to shape the sound before the filtering stage. Pitch, shape and pulse width can be modulated by LFO, ADSR envelope. Xmod and Ring modulation offers audio rate modulation. Hard Sync offers a characteristic sync sound. Filter section and Amplifier offers classic sound of the iconic analog synthesizer of 80’s. Amp section additionally offers amplitude modulation followed by distortion and delay effect. VAMono offers built-in 64 step sequencer to sequence notes and parameters. Synthesizer and Sequencer can be used as an AudioUnit Extension (AUv3) or Stand Alone. Stand Alone Mode supports Ableton Link, Bluetooth MIDI and MIDI IN/OUT.
VAMono features two digital oscillators which are capable of generating continuously variable wave shapes from triangle, saw to square. Oscillator 1 also generate sub for deep bass sound. Variety of modulation can be applied to shape the sound before the filtering stage.
Filter and Amplifier
The Filter and Amplifier are virtual analog and inspired by an iconic analog monophonic synthesizer of 80’s and inherit the characteristic behavior. This filter and amplifier are unique and different from conventional filter and amplifier and produces distinctive sound.
VAMono features 64 step sequencer to sequence notes and parameters. Loop length can be set from 1 bar to 4 bars. This sequencer can output MIDI to control external devices.
AudioUnit Extension (AUv3)
- Virtual Analog Monophonic Synthesizer features two oscillators, one LFO, one lowpass filter, three envelope generator, one amplifier, distortion and delay effect.
- Oscillators are capable of producing continuously variable wave shapes and offers variety of modulation.
- Two Amp Envelopes, Gate and ADSR. ADSR envelope is analog style non-linear envelope generator.
- 24 dB per octave lowpass filter and amplifier produces characteristic sound of iconic analog synthesizer in 80’s
- LFO provides seven wave shapes and can be synced with tempo.
- Distortion and delay effects are included.
- Sample accurate 64 step sequencer capable of sequencing notes and parameter automation.
- Synthesizer and sequencer work as AudioUnit Extension (AUv3) and as Stand Alone.
- MIDI input and output
- 60 factory patches
Stand Alone (AU Host Application)
- Support Ableton Link
- Support Bluetooth MIDI
- MIDI input and output
- iOS 14.2 or later (VAMono utilizes features introduced in iOS 14 and it is not backward compatible.)
- macOS 11.0 or later.
- *Apple, Mac and GarageBand are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- *Ableton and Link are trademarks of Ableton AG.
- *All products, companies and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- * Ableton Link requires Local Area Network connections.
User Guide (V1.0.8)
- Continuously variable wave shape (triangle, sawtooth, square)
- Sub: Square, one octave lower (oscillator 1)
- Pulse width for triangle and square (oscillator 1)
- Pulse width for square (oscillator 2)
- Hard Sync (oscillator 1 to oscillator 2)
- Keyboard on/off (oscillator 2)
- Low frequency mode (oscillator 2)
- Tuning +/- 24 semitones
- Fine tuning +/- 50 cents (oscillator 2)
- Wave shape: sine, saw, down saw, square, triangle, random
- Frequency Range: From 0.04Hz to 42.2Hz
- Frequency modulation by ADSR envelope
- Amplitude modulation by ADSR envelope
- Attack time: From1ms to 6 sec
- Decay time: From 1ms to 10 sec
- Sustain level: From 0 to 100%
- Release time: From 1ms to 10 sec
- LFO: frequency, shape, pulse width, amplitude
- Env: frequency, shape, pulse width, LFO frequency and amplitude
- Xmod: frequency and shape
- Ring: oscillator 1 output and oscillator 2 output
- Frequency modulation mode: linear / exponential
- Low pass filter: 24 dB per octave
- Filter envelope: adjustable decay and accent
- Envelope: gate / ADSR
- Amplitude modulation by LFO
- Distortion with tone control
Range from 20ms to 1200ms
Range from 0% to 100%
Range from 0% to 100%
Range from 20Hz to 500Hz
Range from 1000Hz to 20000Hz
Range from 0.01Hz to 10Hz
Range from 0.0 to 1.0 (from 0ms to +/- 10ms)
ON or OFF
ON or OFF
From 0Hz to 22.05KHz (effect)
- Modulation Wheel
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- 64 Step Sequencer
- Loop Length: from 1 bar to 4 bars
- Tempo: 20 BPM to 999 BPM
- Host Sync: On and Off
*Appearance and specification of products are subject to change without notice.
- Initial release
- Addressing an issue of reported crashes during the launch.
- [Standalone] Improved timing of the MIDI input events.
- Fixed a problem of the view configuration.
- The holding note is now indicated in the keyboard UI.
- Added MIDI Monitor mode to indicate MIDI note input in the keyboard UI.
- Fixed a bug that muting sequencer also mute keyboard input.
- Fixed a bug that MIDI Keyboard input can’t be recorded correctly.
- Fixed a bug that during the recording, programming sequencer causes unexpected result.
- Fixed a problem causes reported crash when resizing window.
- Added a feature to load/save preset to iCloud Drive.
- Fixed a bug that showing AUv3 transport in Standalone on iPhone.
- App folder is now shown in iCloud Drive if the folder contains any files.
- Saved presets can be opened from Files App and others.
- Fixed a bug that MIDI Map can’t be updated correctly when preset is loaded.
- Added a feature to reset all parameters and clear sequence / automation data.
- Added copy and paste features to edit menu of the automation editor.
- Added reset to dial value feature to edit menu of the automation editor.
- Added edit menu to the sequencer. Editing features include copy, paste and move.
- Added scale mode to the sequencer. Supported scales are Major, Minor, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Locrian, Harmonic Minor and Melodic Minor.
- Added Clip Editor. Each clip contains 64 steps of sequence (notes and velocity) and automation data. Clips can be played automatically or manually.
- Support Mac (Intel and Apple Silicone)
- Update Ableton Link Framework (V3.1.5).
- Fixed a problem that app crash when adjusting value by plus and minus button. (keyboard octave and automation parameter value)
- Fixed a problem that a part of UI is not visible when loaded to AUM on iPhone.